I have an undying love and passion for all things cupcake. It's deep and it's real.
And one afternoon while I was at work about a year ago, I got hungry. Except I didn't want a stupid fast food lunch, I wanted a good lunch. Also, it doesn't need to be said, but I was in the mood for a cupcake too. So I googled.
I found a few places but the closest shop was Mini's Cupcakes and Retro Lounge. (Oh don't even get me started on the retro lounge and it's impossible cuteness!) They have a seasonal breakfast and lunch menu that changes. In the fall and winter they have an AMAZING grilled cheese and tomato soup. The best tomato soup I've had in my life! Year round they have lunch boxes with mouth watering sandwiches and salad. Everything is hand made and delicious.
And then there's what they do best: The Cupcakes
Here are just a few of my personal favorites:

The "Smore Please"
That isn't frosting - that's real marshmallow and graham crackers. DELICIOUS!
That isn't frosting - that's real marshmallow and graham crackers. DELICIOUS!

The "Diva"
If I'm only allowing myself just one -this is the one I get. It is so crazy delicious and not to mention, adorable.
The "Breakfast at Tiffany's"This is the cupcake that set them apart. Because the sheer, I-pass-out-from-cuteness of it. I've had it too - SO good.
Another one I couldn't find a picture of is "The Mary Ann" it's a delicious banana and coconut cupcake. I don't know if they took it off the menu, if that's the case then I'm going to be depressed for a while.
On days like today, when things get a little rough around the edges and nerves are frayed...I like to indulge in a cupcake. So I head to Mini's.
So that's where I'm going...right now.
On days like today, when things get a little rough around the edges and nerves are frayed...I like to indulge in a cupcake. So I head to Mini's.
So that's where I'm going...right now.
Update:I had the diva...it was amazing. And almost worth the hour and a half I'll spend on the treadmill because of it.



those do look fantastic! i could really go for a diva
ReplyDeleteGreat. Now I have to venture up to SLC to get one! You know I won't be able to stop thinking about them until I do! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDelete