Now, I know that I said that I wanted to incorporate a little more blue into my space - not green because I have green as it is.
But for this craft, I wanted to see if I could use things I already had around the house - basically the goal was free for me. And since I didn't have blue paper that would work, green it is!!
Instead of a hanging sign, I went for "accent." Mostly because it's really hard to mod podge paper around hanging wire. The felt flowers I made and I'll post the tutorial next Sunday. I like the overall outcome, even if its not blue.

You will need:

In no particular order:
1. A nice protected surface. Since I did this on the floor I used an old mat I had lying around. 2. Felt. 3. Glue Gun. 4. Scissors. 5. Something to trace with. A pencil is ideal but all I had was pen. 6. Glue sticks. 7. A paint brush. 5. Mod podge. 6. Sandpaper. (Optional.) 7. Item you are re-purposing. 8. Lettering. I used stickers because it's what I had. But you can get creative.
I had been given an old sign after someone had brought it back from a garage sale and they realized they went a little nuts. And since I had everything else around the house - this project cost me nothing. But I can't imagine that it would cost very much if I bought everything too.

First I mod podged the paper onto the wood block. I'm never too precise about measuring so I knew I'd have excess on the corners. Which is fine because I planned on sanding the edges down.

After the paper is mod podged on, I sanded the edges. Yes, some of it does flip up, but I'm not too worried about overall perfection.

After sanding the edges I painted on another coat of mod podge.

After that was dry I glued on my felt flowers. (Tutorial on them next week.)

I decided to put the sign above the book shelf after it was finished. Even though it's green, I like the placement.

I like the flowers on it. My husband is coming around.
Like I said, I'll post the tutorial on how to make those flowers next Sunday!



That looks great! Can't wait to see how you did the flowers, they are adorable!
ReplyDeleteSuper Cute! And I love trying to make things that are basically free...lol. Great job!
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done
ReplyDeleteKAT
Love the flowers! Can't wait for the tutorial!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!! Thanks for linking up at Craft and Tell Tuesdays!
ReplyDeletewww.cherishedbliss.com
Such a cute project! I love the distressed edges on the block, and the gray felt is so pretty. Looks great!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from The Stories of A 2 Z. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)
Super, super cute! Love it. Visiting from Cherished Bliss
ReplyDeleteYou transformed this little sign into something amazing. This is darling. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
ReplyDeletelove your sign,, cute flowers
ReplyDeleteLove this idea. Can't wait to see the tutorial on the felt flowers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining me at Strictly Homemade Tuesday!! Hope to see you back next week.
I really like the flowers!!! Very cute. I like the sanded edges! Your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute and so pretty! Love felt flowers! Stopping by from Justsewsassy.com
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute:) Love it!!:)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLinking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!
very cute! thanks for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party.
ReplyDeleteLove those felt flowers!! Neat redo! Thanks for linking it up! :)
ReplyDeleteThat turned out so cute! I love the simple and yet decorative idea!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute and I LOVE the flowers! I usually spray paint over things, but I love the idea of using a fun paper instead! Thanks for the inspiration! Laura @ bandbnest.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteCute sign! I'm still trying to figure out the felt flowers everyone is making. I feel like mine come out looking like nest (and not in a good way)and I burn my fingers every time! Looking forward to the tutorial :)
ReplyDeleteThis is cute!! I really love those felt flowers, adorable :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteThis turned out really cute! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
I hope to see you again this week! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}
stopping by from ladybug Blessings and this is adorable! I just mod podged a sign about the same size and I didn't finish it because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Felt flowers it is! thanks for the inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteRedecoratingonawhim.blogspot.com
Husbands must come around to flowers...lol...
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week...
What a great idea! So very cute. Thank you for sharing it with us this past week at Inspiration Friday!
ReplyDeleteHeather