So since I've had such a long break and have another one coming up in 8 days, I decided I should probably just post something already!
So thanks to Night Owl Crafting I'm participating in another "Hoo Are You?"

1. How did you spend the 4th of July?
Well, it wasn't that spectacular. Since everything has been up in the air with leaving town for a funeral, we didn't really put together a plan for the 4th. Last year we were in Las Vegas, the year before we went up the canyon, roasted S'mores and made it down in time for fireworks. But this year, we got Olive Garden to-go, and watched a movie and then watched the TV celebration. I wouldn't suggest it as a patriotic celebration of your freedom.
2. What were a couple of your favorite things you ate on the 4th of July?
Well...yesterday I had both the Zuppe Toscana soup and the Carbonara Chicken and Ravioli and both were really, really good. In fact, I get to eat the rest of it tonight! However, in the past my favorite 4th of July treats have been anything hot off the grill and pie. Because I'm a flag-waving American and I love grilled foods too.
5. Did you watch fireworks?
We discussed it and looked up all the places that would have shows in the valley, but because of city budget cuts, and the fact that I HATE the parking nightmare after the fireworks are over, we decided to just scrap the idea. We ended up leaving all the windows open, watching the neighborhood fireworks and watching the Macy's 4th of July celebration on TV. Fun Fact: up until yesterday I had absolutely no idea there were TV specials for the 4th of July. Ever since I can remember we were outside with sparklers or at Town Days Celebrations. And I'm going to make it a goal to never watch TV fireworks again. Not even close to as cool as the real thing.
4. What is your favorite firework?
The really, really big ones they always use for the finales. The kind that are so big that you're slightly worried because they seem a little too close. The kind that are so loud that you feel the boom in your bones and even though you're anticipating it, it still makes you jump. They're usually gold and really glittery too. I love those ones.
5. How hot was it where you were for the 4th?
Not as hot as it usually is on the 4th. It's usually pushing 100 but yesterday was overcast and as the sun went down it was hovering at 81 degrees. Which was nice, but not at all common. Then again the weather has been weird like that all year. Weird enough that people went skiing yesterday...in bikinis and speedos.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: If you can't say something nice - you might end up on My Favorite Hate Mail!