Friday, March 4, 2011

The Dilemma

My living room...

Where do I begin?


My living room is comfortable. We have an open layout and I'd tried to add pops of green in there to give it some life.


Well it's boring. It's needed a punch of something for a long time so as my husband and I were shopping for curtains we came across these:

Please keep in mind that these have much more of an aqua hue than the computer screen shows. They're a little brighter in person.

So of course, adding a new color to the mix means I'll need to find accessories to tie them into the existing room of tans, dark browns and greens.


I've been doing a little e-window shopping and have come across a few candidates:


Found here.

And then I found this picture which makes it a little more interesting:

Also found here.
BUT - is the Chevron pattern a little too trendy?

I also found this little number:


Found here.

That is the correct color of green and brown and I like the addition of light blue as well.


And speaking of light blue and another interesting pattern:

Found here.

But again...too trendy? (Also it'd take a lot to get the husband on board with animal prints)


And with accessories do I want to pull in bright colors?


Found here. (Yes I realize they're not for sale)

Then we have some fun ideas like this:

Found here.
I'm always worried that if I go with something very trendy like this I could wind up having buyer's remorse. But if I disliked them I could always paint them and find another use...



I'd like to add little soft accents. Possibly something like this:
Because this is easily arranged. Except just green and blue. Very subtle, but it could give a softer accent to a bold room.


I'll still be scouring my favorite stores like Hobby Lobby and other places to find the perfect accents that won't cost too much. (I am on a budget...) But it's hard to know where to go and what to look for if I don't know what direction I want to take with that room.

Decisions, decisions...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: If you can't say something nice - you might end up on My Favorite Hate Mail!